Our Ethos & Approach
We provide a nurturing, educational and loving nursery for babies, toddlers and young children in a ‘home from home’ environment.
Established in 2006, Shannon ChildCare is an innovative and forward-thinking establishment based in Edgware, North London. All our nurseries are situated within walking distance of Edgware Tube and Bus Station and nearby links with Mill Hill Overground Station.
With two ‘OUTSTANDING’ Ofsted Grades in 2019, we are one of the most sought-after nurseries for children within the North London region.
We are unique in the way we operate, no other nursery in our area offers the opportunity for children to move into different houses, providing novelty and inspiration to learn and grow, with the comfort of routine and continuity of care with the same staff. Our practitioners work across all three settings.
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00am to 6:00pm
- 50 weeks per annum (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Children 4 months to 5 years
- Minimum requirement 2 full days
- We offer early drop-off and late pick-up facilities at an additional cost, including an outside Babysitting Service.
The ‘transition’ from baby house, to toddler house, to pre-school house allows your child to develop self-confidence as they grow older and learn to adapt to new environments. This is a valuable learning opportunity and life skill, preparing them for transition to school.
Teaching our children ‘Life Skills’ is incorporated into our planning to enable children to grow confident of their abilities as they mature.
We offer our parents a free online facility that enables them to view, via video, our workshops on interesting subjects: Parenting Techniques, Fussy Eating, Tummy Time to name a few.
Keeping Parents Informed
“Staff develop exemplary partnerships with parents. They work closely with parents to ensure children settle in exceedingly well”
We pride ourselves on our interaction with parents. We ensure that your child settles into nursery slowly, so that they feel like it is their second home. During the first month we will be in constant contact to reassure the continuity of care. We also provide ‘Getting Your Child Ready For Nursery’ information for new parents.
Twice a year we have Parent Meetings and provide detailed reports on your child’s learning and development, according to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines. Moreover, we share our ‘Next Steps’ with you to ensure we are working together as a team. Parents love these meetings as we share intimate knowledge of your child in picture and video format.
We provide other innovative ways of sharing your child’s time at Shannon ChildCare, all of which will delight you.
Free of Charge Workshops
*The above are only a few of the workshops we run, contact us for more information.
Safety & Security
"Highly robust, thorough recruitment procedures and extremely lengthy initial training help to ensure staff are eminently suitable to carry out their responsibilities"
At Shannon ChildCare safety and security are of paramount importance.
How we achieve this:
- Adhere to our Safer Recruitment Policy
- All staff members have an enhanced DBS certificate confirming they are suitable to work with children
- All staff have a trial period prior to being employed by us
- Our staff are trained in Safeguarding procedures and updated accordingly
- High staff to child ratio
- We conduct daily risk assessments for indoor and outdoor facilities
- We use an app called ‘Famly’ where parents can obtain information on their child’s arrival and departure including other personal information
- Visitors/contractors must sign in and are accompanied at all times
- CCTV in one of our settings for safety and security purposes due to the number of rooms within the premises
- Staff members use walkie talkies to ensure practitioners can communicate easily with each other
- Shannon ChildCare follows all government’s advice regarding Pandemics